The Silver Pagoda (Wat Preah Keo Morokat) is the main building in the Royal Palace complex and is surrounded by other smaller buildings associated with the royal family. It was originally constructed during the reign of King Norodom, between 1985 and 1902, and was renovated for the first time in 1962. The temple has been used for Buddhist worship as well as for royal ceremonies. The railings of the structure are from Orleans, France, and the entrance steps are made of Italian marble. Inside the temple are numerous Buddhist artifacts, murals depicting scenes from the Reamker, and the Emerald Buddha is mounted on the highest altar. One of its names is derived from the fact that its floor is covered with about 5000 silver tiles and each weights about 1.1 kilogram.