A view of the old Opon Church famous for its 'La Virgen de la Regla', a center of local veneration. The town of Opon was founded in 1730 when it also emerged as a parish.
Previous to this, in the years after 1600 or 1630, Maktan was a visita of San Nicolas. The medieval devotion to the Virgin of the Rule was brought to Opon sometime in 1736 by Fr. Francisco Aballe, first parish priest of Opon. (See Heidi K. Gloria, Events in Maktan from 1521 to the Beginnings of American Rule in 1900 . M.A. Thesis - U. S. C. - 1975)
Mounted on photographic mounting card, 285 X 222 cm.