Top photo shows Plaza Rizal in the early part of the American regime, then known as Plaza Humabon. Behind the Magellan kiosk is the Santo Niño Church and the church-yard. To the right was the old Stevenson Building where the present Chartered Bank no stands. Below shows the well-kept lawns of Plaza Independencia or Plaza Libertad. Extreme left side of the photo shows the "aduana" few years after it was constructed. Partly hidden by few trees was the Casa Provincial (old Cebu's provincial capitol), the Falek Printing Press (building at the center) and Juan Reyes Building where La Navera Filipina [Filippina] and Escaño Shipping were located (now Insular Life building). The street at the right leads from the old Fort San Pedro. Both photos were taken in 1912.
Mounted on photographic mounting card, 285 X 222 cm.