This was the wide area which later became Plaza Washington (now Freedom Park) taken sometime in 1916 showing Calle F. Calderon. The two tall smokestacks were "landmarks" to bancas, viloces, and paraos entering the harbor from the Bohol and other islands. They were those of the Jerez Fabrica de Hielo (ice plant) owned by the late Don Juan Jerez. Later, the planta was bought by the Aboitizes. Description taken from: "Cebu in Retrospect" The Republic News (September 24, 1967).
Mounted on photographic mounting card, 285 X 222 cm.