An old Spanish building which, had it not been for the last disastrous war, would be still standing today. This picture of the "adobe" roofed casa was the home of the late Don Pedro Cui, a Cebuano philanthropist who was responsible for the founding of the Hospicio da San Jose in Barili. In later years, the Jakosalems occupied this building. The photograph was shot from the tower of the old convent of the San Juan Bautista Church in Plaza Parian. The church was destroyed in 1875 but the convent served as a combined fire department on the ground floor and the Cebu Library on the upper floor. This was Sikatuna street looking down to the corner Bonifacio. The characeristic of houses built during the Spanish regime were the azoteas. Description taken from: " Cebu City-Then and Now " The Republic News
Mounted on photographic mounting card, 285 X 222 cm.